Thursday, March 1, 2012

 

LIN Xiaofei, from Beijing Institute of Technology, China


January 15, 2012 ( Sunday )

My first meal in Hong Kong. Just wanna make it fun!

On arrival, I had a hard time to unload luggage to the Student Residence but I was thankful to the local people for offering a helping hand. After a series of check-in procedures, I finally received the room key and find the assigned room ---- the “Home” that I’m supposed to live in the next four months! I enjoyed my first meal very much at the student canteen. I rearranged the position of the sausages and meatballs of the noodles and created a funny or weird face. Just hope my life in the next few months will be fun, exciting and full of surprises.



January 23, 2012 ( Monday )

The first day of Lunar New Year.

I attended this special dinner gathering with my friends and other Chinese students. Each of us were being informed to bring in raw food and then cooked together. Apart from a few of them who have lived abroad, none of us have mastered cooking skills and we had experienced great difficulties recognizing food items and in the end, the cooked foods are not as good as we expected but we enjoyed very much. Behind us the screen shows CHUN WAN, the most popular Chinese New year show in China.



January 31, 2012 ( Tuesday )

Hall 9 Poon Choi Feast. New friends, new life.

I started to make new friends at CityU after two weeks of adjustment. This night is the Poon Choi Feast with residents of 2nd floor of Hall 9. It’s also my first time to have a taste of Poon Choi, a name which is totally unfamiliar to me and I just hope the food is not just made up of vegetables. During the feast, we congratulated the newly-elected presidents, enjoyed our meal and played exciting games. Lots of people were lucky enough to win game prizes!




February 4, 2012 ( Saturday )

The three of us from BIT. Ready to go!

I didn’t know my fellow classmates from BIT before coming to Hong Kong even though we studied in the same university. I think CityU brings us together. We helped each other to go through the lengthy application procedures and course selection; and we shared happy and sad moments in a place far from our homes; and we shall continue our “adventures” in Hong Kong for the rest of the exchange study. Guess where we’ll go next?





Enjoy dessert at Sham Shui Po

I love the dessert in Hong Kong very much! There’s no exaggeration- just look at the glutinous rice balls with peanuts and yellow sugars. They are chewy but tasty~ I also enjoyed very much the mango sago dessert and ice cream with sago in coconut sauce . They are arranged nicely and most importantly, they are delicious.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]