Tuesday, October 15, 2013

 

Beverly Teo, Nanyang Technological University of Singapore, Singapore

Monday – Date: 27/8/2013


Touchdown! We had finally reached Hong Kong’s international airport after much anticipation. It was definitely exciting to be in Hong Kong for the first time in my life. The airport is beautiful with many amiable and helpful staff around. We were briefed by one of them on the numerous tourists’ attractions in Hong Kong and when are the best times to visit these places. Absolutely thrilled at the prospect of spending the next few months here!


 Tuesday – Date: 31/8/2013


We wanted to see the day view as well as the night view of the harbor hence we reached the harbor during evening and went back again after we had our dinner. Both the views were amazing and the night view was especially exquisite. We were in time to see the light show as well. It was spectacular!



Wednesday – Date: 1/9/2013


Being a huge fan of candy, I was delighted to see that candy floss is actually sold in such a huge portion at the mall beside our loft. Furthermore, its colour is very much different from the pink candy floss that I am used to seeing in Singapore. Its taste allowed me to indulge in wonderful reminiscence of my childhood. J




Thursday – Date: 3/9/2013


There is a Tim Ho Wan outlet in Singapore but I have not had the chance to try it as the queue is always almost ridiculously long. Thus I hoped to try it during my time in Hong Kong and we managed to do that on this day! To make things better, we were able to secure a reservation via the phone which means we did not have to wait to get a table there. The dim sum at Tim Ho Wan indeed lived up to its reputation – delicious and satisfying. Hopefully they will open more branches in Singapore so that we will be able to continue patronizing it even after we return home!



Friday – Date: 5/9/2013


It feels incredible to finally own an album of my one and only idol, Fiona Sit. Her albums are not available in Singapore hence I could only get my hands on them here in Hong Kong. Her songs have tided my through several events in my life thus there was a sense of sentimentality upon first setting my sight on it. Oh what a nice touch to the end of the week. J







Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]